BE HONEST! How would you answer these True or False questions about your dryer?
1. I never overload my dryer.
The machine should be 1/2 to 2/3 full. Too many wet, heavy clothes can overwork the motor that turns the drum.
2. I always use the sensor setting instead of time dry.
let the electronics in the dryer work for you. Using the sensor setting reduces drying time and improves dryer efficiency.
3. I always dry similar fabrics together.
Heavy towels separated from lightweight garments will dry at similar rates so you don’t have to pull a few pieces out in between or run another cycle for the still-damp items.
4. I always loosen up compacted items before putting them in the dryer.
Separated clumped up items like bed linens and tangled jeans to allow air to circulate better reducing dry time.
5. I always remove lint from the lint filter and lint trap for EVERY LOAD.
This is the single most important tip to prolong your dryer’s life!! Preventing lint from getting inside the dryer and throughout the venting not only improves airflow, it improves efficiency. It can also reduce risk of a dryer fire and add to the longevity of many internal components.
Did you answer TRUE to all of the questions?
Your dryer will last a long time and work efficiently if you follow our tips.
MORE ABOUT THIS IN PART TWO OF “THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR DRYER”